Discover why routers in the Juniper MX Series, with their advanced feature sets and record breaking scale, are so popular among enterprises and network service providers. This authoritative book shows you step-by-step how to implement high-density, high-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet services, using Router Engine DDoS Protection, Multi-chassis LAG, Inline NAT, IPFIX/J-Flow, and many other Juniper MX features.
Written by Juniper Network engineers, each chapter covers a specific Juniper MX vertical and includes review questions to help you test what you learn.
- Delve into the Juniper MX architecture, including the next generation Junos Trio chipset
- Explore Juniper MX’s bridging, VLAN mapping, and support for thousands of virtual switches
- Add an extra layer of security by combining Junos DDoS protection with firewall filters
- Create a firewall filter framework that only applies filters specific to your network
- Discover the advantages of hierarchical scheduling
- Combine Juniper MX routers, using a virtual chassis or Multi-chassis LAG
- Install network services such as Network Address Translation (NAT) inside the Trio chipset
- Examine Junos high availability features and protocols on Juniper MX
"For the no-nonsense engineer who likes to get down to it, The Juniper MX Series targets both service providers and enterprises with an illustrative style supported by diagrams, tables, code blocks, and CLI output. Readers will discover features they didn't know about before and can't resist putting them into production."
—Ethan Banks, CCIE #20655, Packet Pushers Podcast Host