C# is undeniably one of the most versatile programming languages available to engineers today. With this comprehensive guide, you'll learn just how powerful the combination of C# and .NET can be. Author Ian Griffiths guides you through C# 10.0 and .NET 6 fundamentals and techniques for building cloud, web, and desktop applications.
Designed for experienced programmers, this book provides many code examples to help you work with the nuts and bolts of C#, such as generics, LINQ, and asynchronous programming features. You'll get up to speed on .NET 6 and the latest C# 9.0 and 10.0 additions, including records, enhanced pattern matching, and new features designed to remove "ceremony" to improve productivity.
- Understand how .NET has changed in the most recent releases, and learn what it means for application development
- Select the most appropriate C# language features for any task
- Learn when to use the new features and when to stick with older ones
- Examine the range of functionality available in .NET's class libraries
- Learn how you can apply these class libraries to practical programming tasks
- Explore numerous small additions to .NET that improve expressiveness
"Unlike books that focus on Visual Studio and technologies that interact with C#, this one covers the core language, and mastery of this core is essential to successfully building good software. It covers important concepts followed by generous code examples to explain them. It's thorough, detailed, and gets at the nooks and crannies of the language rarely covered elsewhere. It's a complete course on C#."--Jeremy MorganSoftware/DevOps Engineer
Ian Griffiths has worked in various aspects of computing, including computer networking, embedded real-time systems, broadcast television systems, medical imaging, and all forms of cloud computing. Ian is a Technical Fellow at endjin, and a Microsoft MVP in Developer Technologies. He's the author of several O'Reilly books and has written courses on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and TPL Tables. Technology brings him joy.